The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp.
The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp., its subsidiaries and affiliates ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website: https://www.auzaatar.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, surveys, promotions and any other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- On any mobile application, third party social media site, and email list.
- Via our restaurant and store locations.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp. does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 nor is our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under the age of 13 may provide any personal information to or on our Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use]. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us through our Contact Us page.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits California residents accessing our Website to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us through our Contact Us page.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- Your name, mailing address, phone number, and email address (“Contact Information”);
- Payment method, payment information (such as debit or credit card number and information), billing address, restaurant reservation information, and contact information for order receipts or order updates (“Purchase Information”);
- Your contact and marketing preferences, and merchandise interests (“Preference Information”);
- Your education, work and military history, legal work eligibility status (“Resume Information”)
- Information in your cart when you place an online order for delivery or pickup or saved for future purchase, restaurant review information, gift card and any other information (“Profile and Account Information”);
- Information about your age or birthdate, gender, marital status, ZIP code, and other demographical information about you (“Demographic Information”);
- Information about your calls at any of our restaurant establishments;
- Relationship to food allergies;
- Information about the location of your device that you use to access our Website, if your device settings allow us to collect location information; and
- Information about your phone, tablet, computer, or device, and online browsing activity (“Automatically Collected Information”). Automatically Collected Information may include IP addresses, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. Automatically Collected Information also may include information about when and how you access and use our Website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites you visit before coming and after leaving our Website, how you navigate and what you search for using our Website, the website pages and items you view using our Website, and the items you purchase.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- From social media platforms and networks that you use in connection with our Website, or that share or allow you to share information with us, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and TikTok. If you use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms in connection with our Website, we will collect the information that you share with us, or that those social media platforms share with us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website through automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. For more information on cookies, see Cookies and Other Tracking Technology.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Information we receive from your computer or mobile device.
- Information we receive from our partners or service providers.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Information we receive from other sources, as permitted by applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
Cookies are small pieces of data that a site transfers to your device’s hard drive through your web browser that enables the site to recognize your browser and remember certain information. The length of time a cookie will stay on your browsing device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on your device until you stop browsing. Persistent cookies stay on your browsing device until they expire or are deleted.
The cookies used on our Website may be categorized as:
Strictly Necessary Cookies, which are needed for the Website to operate as reasonably expected by you.
Functional or Preference Cookies, which remember your name or account preferences.
Performance or Analytic Cookies, which collect passive information about your use of the Website.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies, which are used to make advertising messages more relevant and personalized to you based on your inferred interests.
We use first-party and third-party cookies for the following purposes: to make our Website function properly, to improve our Website or services, to recognize you when you return to our Website, to track your interaction with the Website or services, to enhance your experience with the Website or services, to remember information you have already provided, to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services in order to deliver content and advertising tailored to your interests; and to provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Website or services.
Your browser may provide you with the option to refuse some or all browser cookies. You may also be able to remove cookies from your browser.
You may exercise your preferences regarding cookies served on our Website by taking the steps outlined below:
First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Website to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser. Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Website. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Website may not work properly.
Third-Party Cookies. To opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see aboutads.info/consumers.
Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Site. If you do not want Flash Cookies stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash Cookies storage. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies, but may be managed here: macromedia.com/support/documentation.
Other Tracking Technologies
Clickstream Data. We may also use Tracking Technologies to collect “clickstream” data, such as the domain name of the service providing you with Internet access, your device type, IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, operating system and platform, the average time spent on our Website, webpages viewed, content searched for, access times and other relevant statistics, and assign unique identifiers to the device or other credentials you use to access the Website for the same purposes.
Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Unique Identifier. We may assign you a unique internal identifier to help keep track of your future visits. We may do this to gather aggregate demographic information about visitors on our Website, and we use it to personalize the information you see on the Website and some of the electronic communications you receive from us. We keep this information for our internal use, and do not share this information with others.
Do Not Track
Some Internet browsers, including but not limited to Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari, include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” or “DNT” signals. Since uniform standards for “DNT" signals have not been adopted, our Website does not currently process or respond to “DNT” signals.
You may be able to adjust the settings of your device so that information about your physical location is not sent to us or third-parties by (a) disabling location services within the device settings; or (b) denying certain websites or mobile applications permission to access location information by changing the relevant preferences and permissions in your mobile device or browser settings. Please note that your location may be derived from your WiFi, Bluetooth, and other device settings. See your device settings for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to show advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please let us know by contacting us through Contact Us page. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp., our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or unchecking the relevant boxes or by contacting us through our Contact Us page. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Third Party Opt Out. Although we do not presently do so, we may later allow third-party companies to serve advertisements and/or collect certain anonymous information on our Website. These companies may use non-personally identifiable during your visits to our Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third-party web beacons to collect this information, as further described above. Through these technologies, the third party may have access to and use such non-personalized information about your online usage activity.
Notice to California Residents
California law entitles California residents to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we share with third parties for marketing purposes. Unless you consent to us doing so, The Au Za’atar Restaurant Franchising Corp. does not sell any personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes. If you have questions about these practices, please contact us at through our Contact Us page.
We, and/or our digital service provider, have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.